|Location||La Trobe University, School of Applied Systems Biology|
|Project ID||Veggie PhD #1|
|Eligibility||Australian and New Zealand residents|
A genomics approach to undertsanding the diversity and biology of phytoplasmas threatening vegetable production in Australia
The project aims to improve understanding of the epidemiology of phytoplasmas infecting vegetable in Australia. Multilocus sequence typing and a pan-genomics approach will be applied to gather information on the genetic diversity of vegetable infecting phytoplasmas throughout Australia.
The successful candidates will receive;
- A $30,000p.a (tax free) scholarship for 3 years
- Training in Australia’s first integrated agricultural systems biology research centre, AgriBio.
- Professional development programs
- International travel opportunities
The Research projects are based at the following locations:
- AgriBio, the Centre for AgriBiosciences, Melbourne, Australia
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, Brisbane, Queensland
Successful applicants must meet Australian University entry requirements for a Doctor of Philosophy degree and must be Australian permanent residents.
For enquiries and to apply, please forward a covering letter, your curriculum vitae (please include evidence of research writing) and academic transcripts to –
Visitor and Student Coordinator
Agriculture Victoria Research
+61 03 9032 7065
Closing date for applications: 15 June 2018
See our full disclaimer