|Location||Swinburne University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Law|
PhD Scholarship, Faculty of Business and Law - Research in the area of Financial Technologies and Entrepreneurship
• Department of Business Technology & Entrepreneurship, Faculty
of Business and Law
• Research in the area of Financial Technologies and Entrepreneurship
• 3 years, Hawthorn Campus
About the scholarship
The purpose of this position is to advance research in the financial technologies and entrepreneurship area, within the Faculty of Business and Law while providing research training to a high quality candidate who will make a forward contribution to engaged research in this area.
The Swinburne Business School currently has an opportunity to support a PhD candidate on a scholarship commencing in 2018. The project will explore the role of digital currencies in relation to transactions, payments and entrepreneurial financing and understand how the use of digital currencies is impacting innovation performance within the Australian context. It is anticipated that the project will investigate issues such as:
- The characteristics of the entrepreneurial ventures, which successfully (or unsuccessfully) utilize digital currencies
- The ways these organizations utilize digital currencies
- The motivation and willingness of entrepreneurial ventures to engage
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A Bachelor degree honours and/or a Research Master’s degree with H1 or 2A equivalence in a discipline relevant to the financial technologies and entrepreneurship area
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent (e.g. Pearson Test of English (PTE) examination certificate with a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no individual band score below 6.0
It is also desirable that you can demonstrate:
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong social and adaptive communication skills to interact with a range of people from community, industry and the university sector
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the
How to apply
To start an application please click on the following link: https://swinjobs.nga.net.au/?jati=D92C6921-3861-7F60-0862-A3E495382441 and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description below. Please note that applicants who do not fulfill the essential key selection criteria will not be considered.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Keryn Chalmers, Dean Swinburne Business School on +61 3 92145696.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 25th April 2018.
See our full disclaimer