|Location||Western Sydney University, School of Science and Health|
|App. deadline||Applications accepted year round/until filled|
|Eligibility||Australian and New Zealand residents|
PhD Scholarship - Westfields Sports High School and Performance Physiology in Youth Team Sports
School of Science and Health
Western Sydney University Sport and Exercise Science Human Performance research team is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated doctoral candidate to undertake a project funded by Western Sydney University and Westfields Sports High School.
About the project
This project will explore aspects of performance physiology in youth team sport participants. The project will be undertaken jointly between the Sport and Exercise Science Program at Western Sydney University and Westfields Sports High School.
Under the supervision of Dr Jason Siegler (email@example.com) and Dr Ric Lovell (firstname.lastname@example.org), you will commence study within the focus areas of skeletal muscle fatigue and injury prevention, optimisation of warm-up and training strategies to maximise team-sport performance, athletic development and load monitoring, or nutritional supplementation for training and recovery. While undertaking the PhD project, you will provide support to Westfields Sports High School staff and coaches under the remit of the project.
The project will be carried out at the Western Sydney University Campbelltown campus and Westfields Sports High School, Fairfield NSW.
What does the scholarship provide?
- Domestic students will receive a tax-free stipend of $30,000 per annum for up to 3 years and a funded place in a doctoral degree.
This scholarship is open to domestic applicants only (Australian citizens, permanent residents or New Zealand citizens).
The successful applicant should:
- hold qualifications and experience equal to one of the following; (i) an Australian First Class Bachelor (Honours) degree, (ii) a Masters degree, or (iii) equivalent overseas qualifications
- have equivalent qualifications and evidence of research experience (including publications) in strength and conditioning or related fields in sport and exercise science
- demonstrate excellent academic performance in relevant subject areas
- demonstrate work experience related to designing and implementing strength and conditioning programs for young athletes
- be willing to work in conjunction with the expectations of Westfields Sports High School staff and coaches
- be enthusiastic and highly motivated to undertake further study at advanced level
- have excellent oral communication skills and good team-working experience
How to apply
Please review our scholarship page:
See our full disclaimer