|Location||Western Sydney University, School of Science and Health|
|App. deadline||Applications accepted year round/until filled|
|Eligibility||Australian residents only|
Westfields Sports High School and Performance Physiology in Youth Team Sports
Western Sydney University Sport and Exercise Science Human Performance research team is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated doctoral candidate to undertake a project funded by Western Sydney University and Westfields Sports High School.(opens in new window)
About the project
This project will explore aspects of performance physiology in youth team sport participants. The project will be undertaken jointly between the Sport and Exercise Science Program at Western Sydney University and Westfields Sports High School.
Under the supervision of Dr Jason Siegler (email@example.com) and Dr Ric Lovell (firstname.lastname@example.org), you will commence study within the focus areas of skeletal muscle fatigue and injury prevention, optimisation of warm-up and training strategies to maximise team-sport performance, athletic development and load monitoring, or nutritional supplementation for training and recovery. While undertaking the PhD project, you will provide support to Westfields Sports High School staff and coaches under the remit of the project.
The project will be carried out at the Western Sydney University Campbelltown campus and Westfields Sports High School, Fairfield NSW.
This scholarship is open to domestic applicants only (Australian citizens, permanent residents or New Zealand citizens).
The successful applicant should:
- hold qualifications and experience equal to one of the following; (i) an Australian First Class Bachelor (Honours) degree, (ii) a Masters degree, or (iii) equivalent overseas qualifications
- have equivalent qualifications and evidence of research experience (including publications) in strength and conditioning or related fields in sport and exercise science
- demonstrate excellent academic performance in relevant subject areas
- demonstrate work experience related to designing and implementing strength and conditioning programs for young athletes
- be willing to work in conjunction with the expectations of Westfields Sports High School staff and coaches
- be enthusiastic and highly motivated to undertake further study at advanced level
- have excellent oral communication skills and good team-working experience
How to apply
2. Complete the scholarship application form (PDF, 222.11 KB).(opens in new window)
3. Compile your CV, contact information for two referees and a one-page proposal stating how your research interests align with the project aims.
4. Ensure all documentation is certified according to Western Sydney University requirements.(opens in new window)
5. All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted directly to the Graduate Research School as follows:
- Use the email subject line: Application_2017_019_SSH
- Submit to email@example.com
- All attached documents must be submitted as PDF.
- In the body of your email, include your full name, your student ID (if you are a current or previous Western Sydney University student) and the full title of the scholarship.
Incomplete applications or applications that do not conform to the above requirements will not be considered.
Please contact the Graduate Research School via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications will be considered until the scholarship is awarded.
See our full disclaimer