|Location||Monash University, Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute|
|Eligibility||Australian residents only|
Monash University and The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) established a PhD exchange programme in 2017. The programme aims to provide our PhD students with opportunities to access research expertise, resources and infrastructure at both institutions.
The programme will be administered by the Monash University Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences (FMNHS) and The CUHK Faculty of Medicine. The faculties share both common and complementary research strengths and capabilities and a strong focus on translational research outcomes.
- Regenerative Medicine through Monash’s Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute and CUHK Institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine.
- Biomedical Engineering through the Monash Institute of Medical Engineering and CUHK Chow Yuk Ho Technology Centre for Innovative Medicine.
Each project will be supervised by a Monash main supervisor and a CUHK co-supervisor.
- Studying Sarcopenia in man and zebrafish
- Effect of age-related epigenetic changes in neural stem/progenitor cells upon remyelination of the brain
- Engineering of a hydrogel system to recruit pro-regenerative T cells at sites of tissue injury
- Mechanisms regulating germline progenitor cell identity and fate
- Tunable stiffness of biomaterials for bone tissue engineering
- Effect of mechanical properties of the cell on the intracellular delivery of nanoparticles
- Robotic system for walking assistance
- DNA-silicon based nanostructures for biomedical applications
See our full disclaimer