|Location||University of New South Wales, Research School|
Industry PhD Program (Engineering Focus)
Are you looking for a research degree with a unique opportunity to kick start a career with industry?
Do you have the skills and the drive to transform the knowledge economy?
UNSW and CSIRO are looking for leaders and innovators who want to bridge the gap between industry and research.
Does this sound like you? Applications are now open for this ground-breaking Industry PhD program. Successful applicants will have access to:
- Supervision and mentorship from researchers at CSIRO, UNSW and leading Industry partners
- Access to world leading UNSW and CSIRO infrastructure
- Career and professional development
- A six month internship in an industry setting
- A generous $40K scholarship.
The driving force of the iPhD program is the transformation to a knowledge economy. The pilot program is engineering focused and includes the following research focus areas:
- Augmented reality for decision making, computer vision
- Augmented reality platforms everywhere.
- Real-time framework for directing interactive experience, storytelling.
- Machine learning and medical imaging.
- Data capture and analytics in smart cities.
- New Product Development in Friction Materials Industry.
- Advanced magnesium materials from the sea.
- Water treatment, membrane technology, organic compounds.
- Energy storage for renewable power generation.
- Sustainable energy generation and grid connection.
- Alternative energy technologies.
For more information and to apply visit https://research.unsw.edu.au/industry-phd
Closing date for registrations is 15 September 2017.
See our full disclaimer