Up to four PhD Scholarship in Climate and Energy Transitions
The Australian-German Climate and Energy College was established in 2012, as a partnership between the University of Melbourne and German universities in the Berlin-Potsdam area. The College offers PhD candidates the opportunity to pursue research in climate change and energy transitions or a world-class level, complemented by a six-month exchange program to broaden their horizons and expertise at a partner institution overseas.
The College attracts the brightest students from different disciplines into its interdisciplinary and international cohort to undertake research in regards to the various aspects of climate and energy transitions.
The four main research clusters are:
- Cluster 1 - Energy Systems
- Cluster 2 - Mitigation Strategies
- Cluster 3 - Climate Systems
- Cluster 4 - Climate Impacts
For more information, and to see the research projects of current students, visit http://www.climate-energy-college.net/.
Eligibility and Application
- The University is seeking candidates with a minimum overall average grade equivalent to H1 (80%). Successful applicants will meet the University of Melbourne's requirements for Research Higher Degree candidature. The application process is highly competitive.
- Students will spend at least six months in Germany at a partner institution.
- Applicants can apply for one of the potential PhD projects listed on the website.
- There is also an option to develop your own proposal, for this an eligible supervisor would need to be identified.
See our full disclaimer